Thursday, September 13, 2012

More AAC...from home

Well, I'm home with a sick kid today...but that is not keeping me from working on this AAC stuff.  

I'm going through the activities and continuing to work on creating AAC boards (right now, in the GoTalk Now app for the iPad).  While doing this, I figured out another cool feature of this app!

So here's the normal stuff...
One of the activities on the SMART board for Theme 4 is a Winter-Summer sorting game.
Winter-Summer sorting game
SMART board activity for Theme 4
And here is the corresponding communication page for the iPad (GoTalk Now)...
Corresponding AAC board on iPad (GoTalk Now app)

Another one of the activities that Didi created for this theme has an embedded link to a TeacherTube video about Seasons.  
Embedded video activity in SMART Board activity for Theme 4
In the GoTalk Now app, I was able to create a button that will allow the user to watch the same video on the iPad just by touching the button (or we can use it with a switch and do the same thing). 
Page in Theme 4 Board  (GoTalk Now app)

Neat, huh?  But wait...there's more!

I also created a page of buttons that, when selected will play movements from Vivaldi's Four Seasons!
Music page (each button is linked to the corresponding movement of
Vivaldi's Four Seasons)


Love, love, love this app!!

So I think that's all I'm going to have time for today since I have to go pick up the non-sick child from school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment