Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Preparations

Today, I worked more on getting all the books ready for the Read to Me Center.  I think I have it pretty well organized now.  Here is the list of books that will be in the Read to Me Center (hopefully, the link works).


For the books that will be accessible on the iPod touches, all the audio files have to be pulled from the CDs...







and put into a folder for that theme.  








Some of the audio files are on cassette tapes--for those, I've enlisted the help of my friend, Mr. Lewis.  He is going to digitize those tapes for me so I can get them ready for the iPods.

The books themselves also have to get some additions...
Books with green dots are the ones with the audiobooks on the iPod touches.
labels for books

green labels for audiobooks on iPods

Books adapted with Franklin AnyBook
(the pen-like thing on the left)
The blue dots (or red dots) correspond to the Franklin AnyBook (the white, pen-looking thing on the left) where the book has been recorded.












West's handy-dandy steam cleaner
I also did a little steam cleaning...the rainbow carpet (where all the kids sit) was looking really icky.  So I brought my steam cleaner in and gave it a good once-(twice)over.  If you see the carpet up on chairs, that's why...it's drying. :)
drying (and, hopefully, cleaner) carpet

No comments:

Post a Comment