Thursday, August 23, 2012

Still preparing...

Continued to work on the Read to Me Center today.  All the books are organized by theme and there is a list of books for each theme with a *key* to the color coding.  Green dots = audio books on the iPod touches; Red/blue dots = books adapted with the Franklin AnyBook (the color dot corresponds to the specific one). 
books for theme 1 with book list

boxes of books organized by theme
Read to Me - Book lists by theme: 12345678910
All the audio files have been put into their folders...and now I'm trying to figure out the most efficient and easiest way to get the files onto the iPods.  The fastest way is to use the Dropbox...BUT, I'm afraid that is going to make it too hard for the kids to find the right stories.  So...now I'm attempting to sync them through iTunes.  iTunes has historically been a pain in the rear for me to use...but I'm going to give it a shot.  I have created playlists for each theme that I should be able to quickly sync at the beginning of each month.
 
syncing iPods
green dot = read to me center




Now I just have to get this big box of books all recorded with the AnyBooks and we'll be (almost) all set!

books in box
box o' books still waiting to be recorded
And, while I've been working on this center, Didi has been hard at work creating the activities for the SMART board and SMART table.  After some initial technical difficulties with getting the software installed (somehow installed a version that was entirely in Spanish, missing taskbar, fun stuff!), she seemed to have a more successful day than yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment